About CSI: The Experience Las Vegas
The Las Vegas Exhibit
CSI: The Experience was developed by the Fort Worth Museum of Science and History and Bob Weis Design Island Associates with support from CBS Consumer Products, the cast and crew of the television show, and the National Science Foundation. CSI: The Experience is an immersive, interactive forensic science exhibit related to the hit TV series that invites people to use real science to solve hypothetical crimes in an exciting multimedia environment.
At CSI: The Experience visitors will participate in forensic investigations and use scientific inquiry to solve crimes.
Goals for the Exhibit—CSI: The Experience
- To advance critical thinking skills through forensic investigation, scientific inquiry, and technology.
- To promote public awareness of modern advances in forensic science.
Our Educational Goals for Exhibit Visitors:
1. Visitors will understand the principles underlying the following areas of forensic science:
- DNA identification
- Forensic anthropology
- Forensic entomology
- Forensic pathology
- Forensic art
- Firearm and toolmark identification
- Information technology
- Latent prints
- Blood spatter analysis
2. Visitors will use information technology in their investigations to:
- Simulate the analyses of clues using database technology.
- Comprehend the role of human judgment, even when using advanced technology.
- Compare historical methods of crime scene investigations with today’s advanced forensic sciences.
“…The exhibit features cutting-edge technology straight from the crime lab, challenging visitors to form their own hypotheses in order to solve a crime.”Boston Museum of Science Anticipates CSI: The Experience
“The show CSI has inspired its millions of fans to become interested in forensic science. We think the show’s connection to the exhibit will help draw many people into a high quality science learning experience.”Chicago’s Museum of Science and Industry
The latest chapter in the “CSI” story heads to the museum to teach adults — and older kids — about the wonders of forensic science.“Variety TV” Get ready for “CSI: Chicago.”
Show creator Anthony Zuiker tells BuddyTV: “I wanted people to feel like they took the next step from television. If TV can provide an educational medium, then we’ve done something special.”Show Creator Talks About the ‘CSI’ Experience